- RSS Channel Showcase 9851446
- RSS Channel Showcase 6342552
- RSS Channel Showcase 7504080
- RSS Channel Showcase 6052904
Articles on this Page
- 07/03/17--08:44: _Pedestrians of Phil...
- 07/06/17--13:03: _Pedestrians of Phil...
- 10/04/17--08:36: _Vision Zero Three Y...
- 10/11/17--12:54: _Pedestrian of Phila...
- 12/13/17--10:50: _Pedestrians of Phil...
- 01/02/18--13:14: _Not A Parking Spot ...
- 02/09/18--05:45: _Pedestrians of Phil...
- 03/08/18--05:00: _Pedestrians of Phil...
- 05/09/18--10:56: _Pedestrians of Phil...
- 05/24/18--11:12: _May 2018 Newsletter
- 06/18/18--07:38: _Pedestrian Safety o...
- 07/09/18--10:39: _Volunteer at Philly...
- 07/09/18--10:49: _Pass SB 172: Automa...
- 07/10/18--12:09: _#NotaParkingSpot: P...
- 08/13/18--06:39: _Pedestrians of Phil...
- 09/04/18--07:35: _Along the Benjamin ...
- 09/04/18--07:49: _We Walk PHL is expa...
- 09/05/18--13:03: _Pedestrians of Phil...
- 09/20/18--10:42: _Self-Guided Walked ...
- 07/03/17--08:44: Pedestrians of Philadelphia: The Rittenhouse Jaunters
- 10/04/17--08:36: Vision Zero Three Year Action Plan
- 10/11/17--12:54: Pedestrian of Philadelphia: Chloe Finigan of Feet First Philly
- 12/13/17--10:50: Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Kyle Block
- 01/02/18--13:14: Not A Parking Spot Philadelphia: 2017 Overview
- 02/09/18--05:45: Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Kelly Edwards
- 03/08/18--05:00: Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Lauren Vidas
- 05/09/18--10:56: Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Susie Perloff
- 05/24/18--11:12: May 2018 Newsletter
- 06/18/18--07:38: Pedestrian Safety on Spring Garden
- 07/09/18--10:39: Volunteer at Philly Free Streets 2018
- 07/09/18--10:49: Pass SB 172: Automated Speed Cameras
- 07/10/18--12:09: #NotaParkingSpot: PPD vs PPA
- 08/13/18--06:39: Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Emily Morton-Owens
- 09/04/18--07:35: Along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway Walk
- 09/04/18--07:49: We Walk PHL is expanding!
- 09/05/18--13:03: Pedestrians of Philadelphia: Nick Zuwiala-Rogers
- 09/20/18--10:42: Self-Guided Walked Tours for PARK(ing) Day PHL
One benefit of walking is that it increases social connectivity and cultivates community well-being, and walking groups provide an outlet for people who want to improve their health while also interacting with others. Throughout the month of June, I have had the pleasure of getting to experience the benefit of walking with a group first […]
Jaunts 3 June 20 2017feetfirstphillyJaunts 3 June 20 2017
The picture to the right shows Matt at what he believes to currently be one of the worst intersections in Philadelphia — the intersection of 12th Street and Chestnut Street. The way that traffic builds up here due to lane closure from construction and poorly time traffic lights makes it dangerous for pedestrians and bicyclists, […]
Last week, the City of Philadelphia released its Vision Zero Three Year Action Plan to the public. The initiative was started by Mayor Kenney to address the alarming rates of pedestrian deaths and serious injuries caused by vehicles. Philly currently has the most vehicle involved pedestrians deaths compared to other U.S cities including Los Angeles […]
Vision Zero PHLfeetfirstphillyVision_Zero_High_Impact_Network
Chloe Finigan, Transportation Outreach Coordinator at Clean Air Council, took some time to talk about her experiences as a pedestrian in Philly! She currently works as the support staff for Feet First Philly (FFP). If you would like to get involved with FFP, email firstname.lastname@example.org today. What is your experience as a pedestrian? How long […]
Pedestrian of Philly Chloe FiniganfeetfirstphillyPedestrian_of_Philly_Chloe_Finigan
What is your experience as a pedestrian? How long do you walk? Why did you decide to walk as your commute? I feel so thankful to live in a place where I can walk pretty much anywhere: the grocery store, library, pharmacy, park, and festivals. While it is such a luxury to be able live […]
In November 2017, Feet First Philly took over the twitter account NotAParkingSpotPhila, an outlet that advocates for pedestrian safety in Philadelphia. In only two months, Feet First Philly has been flooded with submissions, thank you emails, and responses from Philadelphians concerned for pedestrian safety. In total, Feet First Philly has received 40 submissions each violating […]
Car on Sidewalk 13 and W PalmerfeetfirstphillyS 18th St & South St
What is your experience as a pedestrian? How long do you walk? Why did you decide to walk as your commute? The scenic Philly streets and access to shops and restaurants make Philadelphia a great place for walking. I often walk home from my job at 10th and Spring Garden all the way back to […]
Kelly CG Edwardsfeetfirstphilly
1) What is your experience as a pedestrian? How long do you walk? Why did you decide to walk as your commute? I’m truly multi-modal (I bike, have a car for work, and take public transit) but prefer walking when trying to get from point A to B. On days when I’m not chained to […]
Lauren Vidas photofeetfirstphilly
What is your experience as a pedestrian? How long do you walk? Why did you decide to walk as your commute? My office is in my apartment, so I walk about 19 steps to get there from my bedroom, 24 steps from my kitchen. I walk everywhere else, too. Since I work alone, I need […]
Ped of Philly Susie Perlofffeetfirstphilly
Feet First Philly May 2018 Newsletter Protected Bike Lanes on Market Street and JFK Boulevard Construction for the new protected bike lanes on Market Street and JFK Boulevard between 15th and 20th Street started Monday, May 21st, to increase pedestrian and cyclist safety in Center City. The project will be piloted for 9 months. The […]
Thank you to everyone who came out to support pedestrian safety and the East Coast Greenway on Spring Garden Street! Together we were able to identify issues for safety and comfort along this bustling corridor. What did we find? Participants noted a hostile environment for pedestrians with […]
Spring Garden Greenway Walkfeetfirstphilly
Philly Free Streets is only a month away. Become part of the experience and give back this summer by volunteering at Philly Free Streets on August 11! Philly Free Streets is a people-powered initiative of the City of Philadelphia that temporarily closes streets to cars, inviting people to walk, bike, and play. This year’s car-free […]
Philly Free Street 2018feetfirstphilly
Senate Bill 172, which will legalize automated speed cameras on Roosevelt Boulevard, and likely save several lives per year, came agonizingly close to being passed through the Pennsylvania legislature last month. The bill is awaiting one final concurrence vote in the House after summer recess, and your representatives need to hear from you. Let them […]
PA State Senatefeetfirstphilly
#NotaParkingSpot is gaining momentum after receiving over 300 submissions in six months. Thank you to everyone who has posted to Twitter or submitted via email. We can’t increase enforcement and ensure safe spaces for pedestrians without the support from pedestrian safety advocates like you. In every post, we tag the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA) and […]
1800 Blair St 2 2.11 Blogfeetfirstphilly
1) What is your experience as a pedestrian? How long do you walk? Why did you decide to walk as your commute? I have never owned a car, so for me, a walking commute is an active and relaxing alternative to public transit (although I do take the trolley and bus in bad weather!). I […]
Ped of Philly Emily Morton Owensfeetfirstphilly
Philadelphia’s Benjamin Franklin Parkway has become an outdoor museum since its construction in the early 20th century. From Alexander Calder’s William Penn atop City Hall to Mark di Suvero’s Iroquois near the Philadelphia Museum of Art, this tour highlights the convoluted and unique stories behind the Parkway’s outstanding collection of public art. Come out with Feet […]
ffp parkway walkfeetfirstphilly
We Walk PHL, free walking groups carried out in partnership with Fairmount Park Conservancy, Get Healthy Philly/Division of Chronic Disease Prevention at the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, is expanding this fall to six new sites, giving We Walk a presence at 11 parks! New locations include Vernon Park, Clark […]
WeWalk PHL Sept newsletterfeetfirstphilly
1) What is your experience as a pedestrian? How long do you walk? Why did you decide to walk as your commute? Being able to walk whether as a commute, to run errands, to visit a friend, or go out to dinner is one of the main draws to living in a dense area like […]
Headed to PARK(ing) Day PHL on September 21st? Pick up walking itineraries in Rittenhouse Square, Old City, and Chestnut Square East and complete the tour to get free entry to the Golden Cone Awards! Explore the parklets from the featured companies below and re-imagine our streets! Chestnut Square East JDavis Architects OLIN EwingCole PhillyCAM CHAD […]
olin parking day knk9375feetfirstphilly